Electrical Engineer - Analog Design
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Collins Aerospace
United States of America
HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation's security. We have a fantastic opportunity for an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER WITH ANALOG DESIGN experience in our Danbury, CT facility, just one hour north of NYC.
We are looking for an ELECTRICAL ANALOG DESIGN ENGINEERto provide analog electrical design solutions and technical support to novel and challenging projects of varying size throughout their life cycle stages. You will be joining an organization with a distinguished space-based EO/IR heritage of scientific and national security. You will contribute to the development of complex high reliability electrical designs in support of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance missions on a variety of platforms. These platforms present unique design challenges operating over the harsh environments of space including extreme EMI environments, total dose induced radiation parametric degradation effects, single event effects associated with high energy space born particles, space charging of surfaces and electro-static discharge events. Your role will be to provide analog design solutions and troubleshooting support for varied high reliability space & military applications including:
- power supply design,
- focal plane technologies
- electro-optical instrument design,
- motor drive applications
- servo-system applications
- low noise preamplifier design,
- high bandwidth signal processing applications
- high accuracy position measurement
- low jitter thermal control
- high accuracy temperature/telemetry measurement systems
Education / Certifications
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 2 years' experience. Master's degree preferred.
Experience / Qualifications
- Demonstrated electrical design experience
- Experience writing/deriving requirements and generating verification plans
- Experience writing technical reports and generating technical presentations
- Experience in high reliability space, DoD airborne & ground systems, mission analysis, and government military program contracts
- Experience with high accuracy precision measurement techniques (i.e. LVDTs, strain gages, inductosyns, capacitance based position & synchronous demodulation)
- Focal plane experience and familiarity with quad cells, CCDs, photodiodes, etc.
- Power electronics and motor drive design/analysis experience
- Experience using DOORS requirements management tool
- General familiarity with optical metrology technologies and techniques as related to electrical design applications
- Applied use of standard electrical engineering analysis and documentation software (i.e. PSPICE, Hyperlynx, Matlab, Mathcad, Orcad, Allegro, Visio and CreoView
CANDIDATE MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND MUST EITHER HOLD A CURRENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .
Associated topics: bsee, circuit, design, electric, msee, plc, renewable, schema, signal processing, wire