Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Specialist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by PNC Bank
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Specialist within PNC's Balance Sheet Analytics & Modeling Group, you will be based in New York, NY, Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, Ohio.
In this role, you will collaborate with the model owner, model development team, Model Risk Management, Line of business, Finance, Credit Risk and other partners to assess and monitor CECL and CCAR model development process. You will takes on active / independent model ownership tasks you develop experience and familiarity with PNC s commercial Models and Portfolio.
You will also provide analytics support and lead analytical projects related to CECL and CCAR/ DFAST including impacts of modelling choices, model sensitivities, model configurations assumptions. Lead preparation of material / analytics for internal and external stakeholders including Executive Management, Model validation, Internal / External audit, Regulators etc.
You will support model team and other partners to ensure that the model development process follows internally developed processes and governance.
You will help in the development and implementation of CECL and Reserve analytics and analytical infrastructure to ensure Quarter over Quarter differences in reserves are explained in a rigorous and timely manner for various internal and external communication / disclosure needs.
We are seeking a Credit Analytics professional with experience in loan loss modelling in either development, validation or analytics role. 2-3 years Credit risk experience in Wholesale / Commercial loans preferred
Required strong analytical skills to analyses large data sets, execute models and develop analytics using any of SAS, VBA, R, Python etc
- Provides financial and regulatory reporting and analyses to maintain adequate controls over the financial and regulatory reporting processes. Responsible for running complex business performance, risk and operational analytics. May include the development of analytical methods/models to assess market, credit and/or operational risk of new and existing financial products.
- Leverages business / product expertise to rigorously analyze large datasets, improve risk adjusted returns, deliver profitable growth, and communicate conclusions. Synthesizes analytical results and develops, recommends, and implements business strategies that improve lending decisions, assist in managing risk, increase revenues, reduce exposure to losses, meet business goals, and improve performance. Establishes baselines for strategies and tracks actual performance to expectations.
- Applies predictive models, third party data, and other tools to develop and execute appropriate segmentation and targeting for acquisition and portfolio strategies to provide insight into portfolio risk. Manages engagements with internal and external information suppliers ensuring solution is fit for purpose while maintaining appropriate governance and oversight.
- Works with business, credit, data, and model development partners to design, develop, and monitor test designs and analytical reporting to track and enhance strategies. Designs / enhances standard reporting suites for regular product / portfolio reviews.
- Collaborates with the line of business, Finance, and Risk partners to assess and establish credit risk appetite and to understand its implications, as well as to establish policies and procedures governing the identification, monitoring, and management of risk appetite.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Analytical Approach - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the value of accurately analyzing the current environment and ability to synthesize ideas and information required for process improvement into a manageable form.
- Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.
- Knowledge of tools, methods and processes used to make business predictions; ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools, regulations, and business practices to assess and control an organization's exposure to risk.
- Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used to determine the degree of credit risk in a given transaction or customer relationship; ability to assess, rate and manage exposure to credit risk.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of methods to measure the performance on a particular portfolio against industry benchmarks and related parameters.
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform the mathematical calculations that underlie various financial instruments.
- Knowledge of pricing tools, techniques and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models through the use of statistical principles.
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
- Knowledge of and ability to provide products and services available through the retail banking branch.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Associated topics: analysis, analyze, consult, investment fund, law, market, refine, refinement, regulation, strategy