IT Java Developer - OMS (Chicago/Flex)- Ulta Beauty
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ulta Beauty
The Developer for Sterling Order Management System in Supply chain team will have technical responsibility of design, development, testing, and support of Sterling OMS application at ULTA. The Developer will be working closely with the vendors, cross functional teams on project and support functions. They will work to formulate and participate in new scope & requirements, break-fix work, testing, and support activities to meet the business needs in Sterling OMS area.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Requirements definition and management Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions in new or changed processes.
- Application Support Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Incident Management Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Development - Develop Java based extensions of Sterling OMS. Partner with other technical teams (middleware, database, infrastructure, etc.), create interface documents and mappings to ensure that the OMS is built in a Service Oriented Architecture manner.
- Testing Creates test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications and processes. Reviews test results and provide reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Relationship Management - Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Change Management - Assesses analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Design, develop and configure project deliverables for IBM Sterling OMS
- Analyze, troubleshoot and fix functional, deployment or systemic issues with enterprise software applications
- Work on development of prototypes and technology deliverables that are consistent with defined development principles, standards, methodologies and best practices.
- Define and promote processes, policies, standards and procedures to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies.
- Develop and maintain artifacts in the Development Library.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and market trends within the retail space and makes recommendations to align with the business strategic initiatives.
- Manage the Ulta development landscape for IBM OMS Application
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for production issues
- Participate in Outage Calls and Root Cause Analysis for the problems
- Participate, and document requirements, design, and test plans within sessions for project, enhancement, or break/fix work in supply chain area
- Creates, maintains, and leads coordination for documentation such as technical specifications, mapping documents and other artifacts in development process
- Minimum of 3 years of programming experience in Java with strong Object Oriented design skills
- Experience in Core Java constructs, objects, classes, interfaces and design patterns
- Experience in Messaging systems - MQ/JMS Systems
- Experience in ANGULAR (AngularJS) frameworks preferred
- Experience working with Jira and Bit bucket for tracking project lifecycle or similar tools (similar tools would be Sharewell or HP, software lifecycle)
- Use of version control management such of SVN, CVS, or GIT. GIT is preferred (retail preferred)
- Any experience working in retail or high volume industries is a huge plus.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures
- Bachelor s degree
- Experience in XML, XSD, SOAP and REST services.
- Experience with application server architectures (J2EE)
- Experience with application development and system architecture design; working knowledge of UNIX (HP, IBM, Red Hat LINUX) and Windows, C++, Java and XML
- Working knowledge of relational database like DB2, Oracle, SQLDB, etc.
- Experience with java programming (Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, Swing)
- Normal office demands
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons