Manager, Program Scheduler
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Code: ES20182###-####2
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. We have a great opportunity for a Program Scheduler Manager in Clifton, NJ. Manager will be responsible for maintaining schedule analysis documentation in support of assigned programs or projects and manage a team of schedulers.
- Manages a team with focus on policy and strategy implementation.
- Performs schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects.
- Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Prepare, develop and coordinate integrated master plan and integrated master schedule (IMP/IMS) using MS Project.
- Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area.
- Establishes operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function.
- Provides measurable input of new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall functional results.
- Typically, does not have budget or Profit & Loss (P&L) accountability, but may manage certain processes or projects within a defined budget set by management.
- Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
- Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across the function and/or business area.
- May develop new concepts or standards.
- May lead or participate in scheduling status reviews and conduct briefings with senior leaders which requires ability to communicate matters of importance to the function or business area.
- Works to influence others to accept individual or team s views or practices and changes to concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of the organization which includes customers or vendors.
- Communicates within and outside of organization to explain and influence changes to policies, practices, or approaches.
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of direct report(s) who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Has hiring, firing, promotion and compensation authority within own organization, in accordance with management review and approval.
- Reports to Senior Manager or higher.
- Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering or related field. 9+ years related experience (7+ years with Masters' degree).
- 4+ years administrating an Earned Value Management System, MS Project, IMP/IMS, EVMS, Contractual CPR s.
- 4+ years management and leadership experience.
- Ability to attain and maintain Secret level clearance*
- Intermediate MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Experience in a DOD (Department of Defense) environment.
- Self-motivated and proactive leader with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task