Senior IT Analyst, QA Automation- Ulta Beauty
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ulta Beauty
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Collaborate with Architects, Developers, QA, PMs, Product Owners, Business subject matter experts and key stakeholders during the estimation, scope definition, analysis, design and implementation phases of Test Automation to support the Overall Test Automation Strategy for our application suite
- Design, develop, customize, enhance and implement Test Automation Tools, Utilities, Frameworks, Scripts, Processes, etc. based on the task set by the Test Automation Lead / Team
- Apply application development methodologies and best practices into developing scripts that are used for driving Test automation across various applications
- Monitor & Maintain Test Automation Runs / Jobs across various applications and report issues / discrepancies to ULTA Leads / Offshore Test Automation Engineers as needed
- Perform R&D, evaluate new technologies / tools and arrive with suggestions & proposals to improve current solutions, processes & practices as needed
- Provide status and progress reports by project on automation efforts
- Provide hands-on development and maintenance of test plans and test cases covering functional, integration and regression testing
- Report detailed test results of automation scripts completion, failure, and blocked rates
- Ensures any unresolved problems or issues with testing efforts are documented and escalated
- Provide technical solutions, strategies, etc. with respect to Quality Assurance / Engineering initiatives
- May mentor and/or guide other automation engineers (juniors) and QA professionals on the team in best practices and adherence to overall testing strategy
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Offshore Test Automation Leads / Engineers in terms of Automation Script Development, Test Automation Execution and Regression across various applications
- Prepare and maintain KT documentation for onboarding new analysts and for retaining information for staff roll-off
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be results oriented, and demonstrate a cando attitude adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- 5+ years of overall experience in Application Development and / or Test Automation design / development / methodologies
- 3+ years of experience in Core Java, J2EE, Test Automation Scripting Languages, etc.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in Test Automation Tools like Selenium, Appium, Apple XCUITest, Android UIAutomator, Katalon, HP UFT, etc.
- Solid understanding of test automation practices and architecture for scalability and maintainability
- 2+ hands-on experience in solutioning, designing, developing & implementing commercial or open source or home-grown test automation frameworks & accelerators
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing test automation for web applications built on top of Node JS, Angular JS, React JS, Adaptive and/or Responsive Web Design Principles, etc.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing test automation for iOS and Android Mobile Native Apps using tools like Appium, Apple XCUITest, Android UIAutomator, etc.
- Hands-on experience in working with BDD / TDD models and tools like Cucumber, jBehave, Mockito, Chai, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases and/or no-sql databases is a plus
- Good experience with SOAP and/or REST based Web Services development, testing and/or Web Services Test Automation using tools like POSTMAN, SOAPUI or any other open source tools
- Good knowledge on CI/CD process and build & deployment tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, Bamboo, Ant, Maven, Gradle, shell / groovy scripting. Etc.
- Experience with version controls mechanism and tools like SVN, GIT, etc.
- Hands-on experience in using Test Management / Defect Management tools like HP ALM, JIRA, Zephyr, etc.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to mentor team members and educate others on automation principles
- Experience with Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Able to take direction, proactively seek out information and build productive working relationships.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong applied learning ability
- Ability to work and lead in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong, mature verbal communication and writing skills
- Able to comfortably interact with personnel at multiple levels
- Must be able to work in team and independently without any supervision at times
- Must be able to plan and prioritize multiple project initiatives simultaneously
- Must be comfortable to allocate tasks and communicate with offshore teams
- Experience developing automation test strategies, frameworks, and plans in a retail industry platform a plus
- Must be able and willing to work off hours and weekends as necessary to meet project deadlines and/or collaborate with offshore automation team.