Senior Material Planning Specialist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Collins Aerospace
United States of America
HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation's security. We have a fantastic opportunity for a SENIOR MATERIAL PLANNING SPECIALIST in our Danbury, CT facility.
The Senior Material Planner role is a key position reporting to the Material Planning Supervisor. Your role will be to analyze, plan and manage the flow of materials to ensure they are available to meet production operations in the Danbury facility. Your responsibilities will include:
- Request for Quote (RFQ) processing
- Create/release/monitor/maintain Purchase Requisitions and Production Orders within the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system
- Perform Material Resource planning activities to include inventory analysis, Work In Progress (WIP) analysis and program material requirements from independent and dependent demand and replenishment
- Support Proposal activities throughout the different business campaigns
- Material expediting for Purchase Orders, Production Orders and items under quality review
- Interpret and process Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Coordinate the availability of tooling, manage internal/external processing through stock, and support the resolution of Anomaly Inspection Report (AIR), Manufacturing Operation Sheet (MOS) and Bill of Material (BOM) issues
- Attend production schedule meetings and interface with Program Managers/Integrated Product Team Leads for multiple programs in order to maintain overall visibility of the organization's support requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement. Apply lean techniques in support of operations excellence, program execution and the organization's goals and objectives.
BS degree. Business, Management or Supply Chain preferred.
- 4-8 years' experience as a material planner/production controller with experience in a dynamic production environment
- Ability to multi-task and support several projects at once within tight deadlines
- Technical aptitude with ERP systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with lean management principles and process improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with aerospace manufacturing and assembly operations
- Familiarity with International Trade Compliance Regulations
- APICS CSCP or CPIM Certification a plus
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification a plus
- Proficient use of SAP or other MRP system
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .