IT Developer - JAVA (E-commerce)- Ulta Beauty
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof All Things Beauty, All in One Place . We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and rollout of new feature functions for Ulta.com and affiliated websites. This position works alongside talented Techincial leads, Architects, Software Engineers and QA testers in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment where our goal is to design and implement the best state of the art performance friendly eCommerce solutions.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Application Support - Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to mobile native applications. Assists with specified procedures.
- Problem Management - Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Programming/Software Development - Carries out the design, testing, and documentation of moderately complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Collaborates in reviews of specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Requirements Definition & Management - Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements.
- Systems Integration - Assists in the software builds from software source code. Performs tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 1-2 years of development experience of software development using Java and JEE 8
- Knowledge of Commerce packaged applications like ATG/Adobe CQ5 is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus
- Experience with RESTful services and API design
- Experience working with Content search tools like Endeca/Apache Solr/Elastic Search is a plus
- Familiarity with Spring and SpringBoot framework, Junit, Java design patterns, Micro Services, SonarQube, DynaTrace/NewRelic/MAT/JProfiler, Mockito/EasyMock/PowerMock, Swagger/OAS 3.0, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with SQL database, e.g. Oracle
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
Associated topics: algorithm, back end, develop, developer, devops, perl, sdet, software developer, software engineer, software programmer