Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Analyst Sr
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by PNC Bank
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Sr. Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Analyst within PNC's Balance Sheet Analytics and Modeling (BSAM) organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH.
The position will be primarily responsible for supporting the governance and risk control framework across the BSAM organization, including:
Process control monitoring to ensure control design adequacy, effectiveness, and timely execution.
Evaluation and ongoing assessment of the organization s processes and supporting risk mitigation activities.
Ensure compliance with established business line/PNC policies, procedures, and established risk control framework.
Effective and meaningful communication with all levels of management.
Collaboration and liaison with 1 st , 2 nd and 3 rd lines of defense and business line partners.
Preferred Experience/Skills :
Familiarity with financial models
Familiarity with regulatory processes
Microsoft suite (especially proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
Motivation and agility
Undivided attention to detail
Root cause analysis skills
Change management skills
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Aptitude to work both independently and within a team environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Provides financial and regulatory reporting and analyses to maintain adequate controls over the financial and regulatory reporting processes. Responsible for running complex business performance, risk and operational analytics. May include the development of analytical methods/models to assess market, credit and/or operational risk of new and existing financial products.
- Leverages business / product expertise to rigorously analyze large datasets, improve risk adjusted returns, deliver profitable growth, and communicate conclusions. Synthesizes analytical results and develops, recommends, and implements business strategies that improve lending decisions, assist in managing risk, increase revenues, reduce exposure to losses, meet business goals, and improve performance. Establishes baselines for strategies and tracks actual performance to expectations.
- Applies predictive models, third party data, and other tools to develop and execute appropriate segmentation and targeting for acquisition and portfolio strategies to provide insight into portfolio risk. Manages engagements with internal and external information suppliers ensuring solution is fit for purpose while maintaining appropriate governance and oversight.
- Works with business, credit, data, and model development partners to design, develop, and monitor test designs and analytical reporting to track and enhance strategies. Designs / enhances standard reporting suites for regular product / portfolio reviews.
- Collaborates with the line of business, Finance, and Risk partners to assess and establish credit risk appetite and to understand its implications, as well as to establish policies and procedures governing the identification, monitoring, and management of risk appetite.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Predictive Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of tools, methods and processes used to make business predictions; ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
- Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.
- Understanding of the value of accurately analyzing the current environment and ability to synthesize ideas and information required for process improvement into a manageable form.
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools, regulations, and business practices to assess and control an organization's exposure to risk.
- Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used to determine the degree of credit risk in a given transaction or customer relationship; ability to assess, rate and manage exposure to credit risk.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of methods to measure the performance on a particular portfolio against industry benchmarks and related parameters.
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform the mathematical calculations that underlie various financial instruments.
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
- Knowledge of pricing tools, techniques and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models through the use of statistical principles.
- Knowledge of and ability to provide products and services available through the retail banking branch.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Associated topics: analyze, bi, business analyst, business intelligence, examiner, investment analyst, investment analytics, investment fund, legal, market