IT Associate Engineer, EUS A/V Support- Ulta Beauty
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof All Things Beauty, All in One Place . We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Associate Engineer is a hands-on position that is responsible for support of end user systems including, but not limited to; full PC technology life cycle, printers, software, imaging, patching systems and associated duties, in our highly collaborative and fast paced environment. The Associate Engineer manages the implementation of technical solutions to support business initiatives and long term strategy in alignment with the corporate roadmap.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Capacity Planning: Assesses service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Creates techniques to control the demand upon a particular resource or service.
- System Software: Uses system management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed system software maintenance tasks. Prepares and maintains operational documentation for system software.
- Service Level Management: Utilizes service delivery performance metrics and liaises with process owners to ensure that service level agreements are not breached. Notifies stakeholders in an appropriate and timely manner of any service disruption or SLA breach.
- Problem Management: Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Testing: Performs given test scripts under supervision. Performs recording of results and reports issues. Follows others to develop an understanding of the role of testing within system development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process.
- Customer Service Support: Monitors and performs requests for service, following agreed procedures. Promptly allocates calls as appropriate. Records incidents and service requests and maintains relevant records, inform users about the process and advises the relevant persons of actions taken.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills to engage user and business partners.
- As the A/V Associate Engineer; liaises as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Carries out a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution. Investigates in order to provide diagnosis and allocates unresolved issues as appropriate. Contributes to creation of support documentation.
- Support corporate office and Chicago A/V systems, Video solutions, system patching, system imaging and software functionality.
- Uses advanced troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve issues within realm of support.
- Reviews system software updates and identifies those that merit action. Tailors system software to maximize hardware functionality. Installs and tests new versions of system software. Investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Prepares and maintains operational documentation for system software. Advises on the correct and effective use of system software.
- Manages the prioritization and diagnosis of incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution. Manages the escalation of unresolved incidents. Coordinates recovery, following resolution of incidents. Manages the documentation and closure of resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Identifies and resolves issues with A/V configurations and applications, following agreed procedures. Uses A/V management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed maintenance tasks.
- Reviews and maintains the service compliance of all A/V service assets in line with business and regulatory requirements involving knowledge of financial and technical processes, tools and techniques.
- Assesses analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Creates defined tasks to monitor service delivery against service level agreements and maintains records of relevant information.
- Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools including, where appropriate, handover to the client. Carries out tests, corrects malfunctions, and documents results in accordance with agreed procedures. Reports details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated. Provides assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation.
- Manage internal and external vendor relationships.
- Participate in a wide scope of IT and Business projects.
- Evaluate business operations for opportunities to improve systems performance.
- Assist with Install Move Add Change (IMAC) duties as needed.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 3+ years of IT technical support in the A/V support area (hardware, software, telephony)
- Strong team player with proven experience to lead collaborate effectively
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Strong customer service, organizational and communication skills
- Able to simultaneously and successfully handle multiple and disparate tasks
- Able to diagnose application, software and hardware problems in person and remotely
- Off-Hours support including 24x7 on-call required
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
- Cisco VoIP phone setup and administration
- Project Management experience a strong plus
- Video Conferencing experience a strong plus