Developer, Retail Backend Systems- Ulta Beauty
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof All Things Beauty, All in One Place . We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Ulta Beauty Backend Systems team is looking for a Developer who has retail business experience, passion for their work and is ready to have an immediate impact on the team. The candidate will work for a friendly, motivated and engaging team and will be responsible for supporting, planning, designing and implementing enterprise business solutions in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. This position plays a key role in establishing, executing and supporting business critical systems such as Work Force Management, Pricing and Loss Prevention Applications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Lead the design and development of enterprise wide solutions predominantly in Work Force Management tools (Kronos), and proprietary systems (SQL, .Net)
- Hands on Development and Configuration of Kronos Application Suite for capital enhancement requests, researching production issues and determining how to maximize efficiencies while reducing operational expense.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand business priorities and opportunities in order to drive business growth.
- Work closely with cross-functional project team members to gather feature requirements and translate requirements into design documents.
- Plan, track and manage software development using Jira.
- Develop Team Confluence site with proper documentation of software stack (landscape diagrams, project documentation, knowledge articles)
- Ability to translate user requirements into user stories, process flows, etc.
- Analyze and create solutions for system and application needs
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle and prepare releases of software components.
- Perform as functional bridge amongst external vendors as well as internal stakeholders.
- Review existing applications and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Able to multi-task and adapt quickly to agile, aggressive schedules
- Proficient in SQL Server skills (Developing Stored Procedures and Functions)
- Experienced Developer in VB.NET, ASP.NET and C#.NET
- Proficient in Windows Server Technologies
- Knowledge in Kronos Application Suite
- Time and Attendance
- Employee Scheduling
- Workforce Analytics
- Workforce Integration Manager (WIM)
- Experience with Source Control and Deployment Tools
- Experience using Atlassian Tools
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Able to effectively convey complicated technical information to diverse audiences
- Proficient in preparing technical documentation such as system architecture, functional and design documents
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or applicable work experience.
- 5+ years of development experience with SQL Server and .Net
Associated topics: developer, digital designer, digital marketing, ecommerce, e commerce, front end, front end developer, online, site, technology