Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Analyst Sr
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by PNC Bank
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Consultant Sr within PNC's APM - Model Development organization, you will be based in McLean, VA Washington DC or Pittsburg, PA.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. PNC Balance Sheet Analytics and Modeling Division is currently seeking a Quantitative Analysis Senior to join our Model Implementation Engineering team. The team develops production systems and implementation framework for our CECL and CCAR models. In this role, the selected candidate will partner with model developers, data experts, and business users to develop high quality implementation platform to make data, models, and analytics available for business use.
The ideal candidate will have a creative and analytical mindset and will combine strong systems development, quantitative analysis, business knowledge, and collaboration skills to help build high-performance, scalable and fault tolerant production systems.
Customer satisfaction is high priority. As such, delivering prompt and high quality customer service is crucial for success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and support production systems to implement models developed by a team of model developers
- Design and implement high quality credit/economic model application frameworks for end users, develop and implement end to end applications
- Actively investigate the data and processes to improve quality production systems
- Evaluate and propose new relevant technologies
- Work side-by-side with model developers, and business customers to solve their technical challenges, for example: optimize code written by data scientists to reduce runtime and memory usage
- Support the business team, including (as needed) under timeline constraints, to execute forecasts, conduct analysis, and prepare reports
- At least 3 years of experience in the development and implementation of quantitative applications and frameworks
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or similar quantitative disciplines or equivalent experience, Masters is a plus
- Strong proficiency in SAS, SQL and Unix
- Experience with programming language such as Python and R
- Experience working with large data sets and relational database
- Experience working with mortgage or consumer credit risk models, such as competing-risk hazard models, transition models, loss forecasting and stress testing
- Experience working with numerical/quantitative systems, e.g., pandas, NumPy, SciPy and Apache Spark
- Experience with cloud computing and storage services
- Independently performs advanced quantitative analyses and model development to drive decision-making by running quantitative strategies. Makes recommendations based on analyses.
- Analyzes and develops new model frameworks by supporting the line of business. Refines, monitors, and reviews existing models. Conducts on-going communication with model owners and model developers during the course of the review. Works with larger, more complex datasets to create models.
- Performs quantitative analysis and develops complex reports. Performs qualitative and quantitative assessments of all aspects of models including theoretical aspects, model design and implementation as well as data quality and integrity. Analyzes complex data and associated quantitative analysis. Makes recommendations based on findings from data analytics.
- Uses quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze model risks and reaches conclusions on strengths and limitations of the model.
- Prepares and analyzes detailed documents for validation and regulatory compliance, using applicable templates.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Predictive Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of tools, methods and processes used to make business predictions; ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Knowledge of and ability to plan, implement and manage testing strategies, policies and practices that assure the delivery of high quality applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to use quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze risks.
- Knowledge of and ability to use numerical methods to develop statistical models for devising trading strategies.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law