Senior Opto-Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Collins Aerospace
United States of America
HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation's security. We have a fantastic opportunity for a SENIOR OPTO-MECHANICAL MANUFACTURING ENGINEER in our Danbury, CT facility, just one hour north of NYC.
We have an opening for a SENIOROPTO-MECHANICAL MANUFACTURING ENGINEER to support the design, fabrication, and assembly of highly sophisticated opto-mechanical systems.You will:
- Review the system requirements and guide the design to ensure its manufacturability, accessibility, alignment, calibration, testability, etc.
- Prepare and review Manufacturing Operation Sheets (detailed Assembly Instructions) and other documentation required for the manufacture, design, high fidelity tooling, and the assembly, alignment and testing of opto-mechanical systems
- Assist and manage technicians in their related activities including using tools, fixtures and procedures to manufacture, inspect, clean, align and assemble opto-mechanical systems
- Consider the technical performance, cost, and schedule requirements in the execution of assignments
BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related
- 10 years' experience in Manufacturing Engineering, creating assembly procedures/processes and tooling design
- Experience in opto-mechanical fabrication, assembly and alignment
- Experience in the manufacturing and assembly of precision optics, and opto-mechanical systems
- CAD (model, design, detail, tolerance) structural analysis, tooling design, hands on opto-mechanical assembly, technical writing, plus ability to work in a clean room
- ProE/Creo, Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to multi-task
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .
Associated topics: aerodynamic, brakes, cae, bsme, chassis, design, machine, msme, proe, turbine