IT Associate Analyst- Security & Network Operations Center (SNOC)- 2nd
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof All Things Beauty, All in One Place . We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The IT SNOC Analyst plays a role in enterprise monitoring of critical and non-critical system layers. Part of a team that are responsible for 24X7X365 Monitoring Problem Detection, Resolution and Notification, and Performance Management Network Optimization in a highly dynamic, fast paced and rewarding environment.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Incident Management : Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate.
- Capacity Planning: Maintains standards and procedures for service component capacity management. Pro-actively reviews information in conjunction with service level agreements to identify any capacity issues and specifies any required changes.
- Customer Service Support: Liaises as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Carries out a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution.
- Research : Within given research goals, assists in selection and review of credible and reliable resources to gain an up-to-date knowledge of any relevant field. Documents work carried out and may contribute sections of material of publication quality.
- Collaborate with other members of the Engineering organization to maintain standards and operating procedures, and provide information as appropriate to manager, project manager, and various departments within the Company.
- Responsible for the production infrastructure systems including maintenance (Code Updates, patching, etc), incident management, root cause analysis, and change management.
- Monitoring the infrastructure environment for faults or capacity issues to analyze trends and mature systems to support self-healing.
- Work across groups to identify opportunities for improvement within the environment, both technical and operational, along with plans to capture those benefits.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience.
- 1+ years of progressive IT engineering experience in Vulnerability Assessment, Incident Response, Firewall Management, Advanced Threat Protection.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or Network Operations Center (NOC) environment
- Knowledge reviewing and hardening network configuration
- Experience with BGP, MPLS, OSPF, etc. Routing and switching
- Knowledge in Security Best Practices Firewalls, ACLs, and Other Network layer Security protocols
- Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX systems
- Desired Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Cyber Ops, CISSP, Network +, Security + (or other applicable certifications)
- Demonstrate decision making, problem solving and analytical skills with attention given to detail and accuracy
- Strong team player with proven experience to collaborate with other server, network, storage engineers and administrators
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Able to follow-up, follow through and deliver quality and timely results
- Able to prioritize workloads and adjust schedule to meet deadlines
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and apply them to evolving business needs
- Off-Hours support including 24x7 on-call required
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)