Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Collins Aerospace
United States of America
HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation's security. We have a fantastic opportunity for an Optician in our Danbury, CT facility.
Under close supervision, your responsibility as Optician I is to conventionally grind and polish optical materials to a specific tolerance. You may be assigned both flat surfaces and spherical lenses and mirrors and you will work with a variety of materials used at different wavelengths. Your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Set up the project according to the instructions on the Manufacturing Operation Sheet (MOS), with oversight/ training
- Monitor the progress of the operation and adjust the tooling and spindles as necessary with oversight.
- Learn to identify problems and bring forward resolution
HS Diploma or GED, preferably at technical high school and/or trade school
Experience / Qualifications
- 0-3 years relevant experience grinding and polishing optics
- Moderate understanding of general job aspects and some understanding of the detailed aspects of the job
- Good math aptitude
- Comfortable working with a variety of optical polishing and lapping machines
- Knowledge of the metric system and ability to do simple conversions from the English to the metric system
- Attention to detail
- Appreciation for the delicacy of the work - execute proper optics safety techniques
- Basic understanding of Trigonometry and Geometry
- Ability to problem solve
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .
Associated topics: eye, optometric, optometry, sme, tpa