Manager, Financial Risk Management
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Capital One
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Financial Risk Management Manager, Financial Risk Management
Capital One is seeking a motivated professional to join the Finance Risk Management (FRM) team as a Manager. As a member of Finance Risk Management, the Manager will play a key role in executing robust and proactive risk management programs, influence risk stakeholders and enable a strong culture of risk management that s adaptable to a changing environment.
We are looking for a candidate to take a lead role in managing and executing Finance s risk identification activities which inform divisional and enterprise risk inventory, risk assessment processes utilized to identify and assess risk and controls across Finance to ensure a well-controlled operating environment, and establishing and managing the governance structure for addressing compliance risk across the organization.
We are seeking dedicated, disciplined, process and control professional who excels in a team environment and has strong relationship building skills in order to facilitate partnerships with both internal customers and stakeholders. This person needs to have excellent communication, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
Specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the risk assessment processes and supporting control frameworks for Finance;
- Provide risk-based reporting and other information for a number of executive level committees and department-wide communications
- Interact with business partners in other risk and compliance organizations across the company to support identification, assessment, monitoring and testing of potential risks and compliance requirements;
- Serve in an advisory capacity to risk advisors within the FRM team, assisting in execution of risk assessments and control suite work
- Conduct preparation activities and ongoing support for audits, credit reviews, and regulatory exams, as needed;
- Partner with functional teams across the business areas to assess the health over key risk processes, compliance requirements, functions and controls;
- Utilize PRIME and other applications in support of risk assessment activities across the department
- Oversee computer-based training for the Finance department, including department-wide communications and providing regular reporting to senior leadership on completion rates
- Bachelor s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' work experience in a Finance, or a Compliance, or an Audit, or a Legal, or a Risk Management role
- Master s Degree
- 5+ years banking industry experience within Compliance, Audit, Legal, or Risk Management focus
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Experience influencing senior level management, and developing strong relationships with both internal and external partners
- Experience with PRIME, Assessment Hub and Tableau
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance processes and practices
- Experience with Google Suite
Associated topics: bond, brokerage, buy, commodities, derivatives, financial, market, nasdaq, sell, stock