Staff Engineer, Thermal Analysis
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Collins Aerospace
United States of America
HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
If you want to help make our world a better and safer place - in space, in the air, on the ground, in the sea - then ISR & Space Systems team may be the place for you. Every day we support the nation on the critical missions of warfighters and astronauts with cutting-edge technology, information.
We at ISR & Space Systems, a business unit of Collins Aerospace, are the world leaders in high altitude and space based electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in mission critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting and protecting those who protect our freedom and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver.
The Mechanical Engineering Department is seeking a Staff Level Thermal Analysis Engineer to provide technical support through system design, detailed computational analysis, and environmental testing of ground, air, and space based electro-optical systems. Support for all program execution phases are needed, including rapid conceptual iterations, proposal activities, preliminary/detailed design analysis, qualification testing, and manufacturing of assembled flight hardware. Candidate should be capable of working autonomously with a minimum amount of mentoring and supervision. The position requires interaction across multiple engineering disciplines, program functions, and customer representatives. Candidates should be capable of defining and maintaining cost and schedule on individual activities.
Education / Certifications
Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Science or related field. Masters of Science preferred.
Experience / Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Proficiency with software tools Thermal Desktop/SINDA or FEMAP/TMG
- Experience with launch and on-orbit thermal environments, spacecraft finite element modeling and active and passive thermal control systems
- Experience supporting both in-air and thermal vacuum testing of systems, along with correlation of test results to analysis
- Experience performing thermal analysis of circuit card assemblies including consideration of component thermal solder fatigue
- Experience as a lead thermal analyst on programs
- Experience supporting proposal activities, including scheduling and budgeting exercises
- Experience with thermal analysis of optical systems, including windows, mirror assemblies, telescopes and electro-optical sensors
- Experience supporting thermal distortion analyses of optical system
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .
Associated topics: aerodynamic, autocad, cae, machine, mechanical engineer, motor, powertrain, proe, propulsion, vibration