Senior Engineer, Reliability Engineering
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Collins Aerospace
United States of America
HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation's security. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Reliability Engineer in our Danbury, CT facility.
As a Senior Engineer, Reliability Engineering, you will be responsible for planning, defining and implementing Reliability and Safety Engineering Requirements to ensure design integrity and hardware robustness in direct alignment with customer's expectations. This involves execution of appropriate Analysis, Processes and Procedures required to follow EEE (Electrical, Electronic, Electro-Mechanical) components and Mechanical Assemblies/Structures through selection, specification generation, procurement team interaction, and item qualification. You will work as a member of several Integrated Product Teams to implement Reliability Requirements which may include Reliability Prediction, Block Diagram Development, FMECA, Stress Analysis, Database management and Fault Tree Analysis.
- Perform Reliability and Safety Engineering reviews of Design documentation for compliance with stated requirements.
- Prepare Reliability and Safety Analysis Documentation for presentation to customer subject matter experts.
- Apply statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the acceptability of mechanical and electrical components.
- Implement Reliability Analysis Tools like the PTC/RELEX Software Suite.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Government and Industry specs and standards.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Master's degree is highly preferred).
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years of experience within the field of Reliability and System Safety is required.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- Process oriented, methodical, with strong attention to detail
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .
Associated topics: diagram, electric, electrical engineer, energy, hardware, image processing, lighting, rf, schema, stationary engineer