Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Collins Aerospace
United States of America
HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation's security. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SYSTEMS ENGINEER in our Danbury, CT facility, just one hour north of NYC.
We are looking for a SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER to:
- Provide systems engineering for the integration of existing and new electrical and electro-optical UTAS systems with customer platforms
- Develop & maintain requirements based on customer platform interface definitions and System Performance Requirements
- Perform allocation and decomposition of requirements amongst multiple disciplines (Software, Electrical, etc.)
- Develop requirements for the implementation and verification of embedded software solutions to enable system integration
- Support the development of next generation electro-optical and survivability systems to meet customer mission needs
Education / Certifications
Bachelor's Degreein Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree.
- 5+ years' experience in systems architecture development/support, requirements development and implementation
- Experience with U.S. armed forces airborne and ground vehicle command and data interfaces and common protocols is strongly desired
- Systems engineering on distributed embedded hardware and software systems
- System & design validation experience plus verification development & support
- SysML/UML experience preferred
- Knowledge of system performance modeling/simulation approaches and associated tools
- Requirements Management systems; DOORS preferred
- RTCA DO-178 & DO-254 experience desirable
- Protocol experience desirable: Gigabit Ethernet, MIL-STD 1553, CAN bus, I2C
CANDIDATE MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND MUST EITHER HOLD A CURRENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .
Associated topics: cloud architect, information architect, maintain, maintenance, network, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, senior system engineer, system architect, systems integration architect
$110k - $110k Annual