Registered Nurse (RN)/Travel/Hospice
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by MAS Medical Staffing
Length of Assignment: 3 months
Currently seeking an experienced Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) for a job opening in Massachusetts. The ideal candidate will have previous hospice nursing experience and hold a current BLS, CPR and ACLS certifications.
Responsibilities of the Hospice Nurse
- Focus on managing pain and making patients comfortable.
- Provide skilled professional nursing palliative care to assigned terminally ill patients.
- Educate patients and their caregivers on their conditions and the steps needed to ensure proper end of life care.
- Making initial nursing evaluation visit and continually evaluating the patient s needs.
- Initiating, coordinating and revising the treatment and pain management plan.
- Rendering nursing care and performing treatments, such as IV administration, as ordered by the physician.
- Participating in the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Process.
- Preparing accurate, orderly and timely reports and documentation.
- Adhering to all practice standards as they apply to patient care.
- Associates Degree in Nursing, Bachelor s in Nursing preferred
- Current RN license
- Previous Hospice nursing experience
- BLS, CPR and ACLS certifications
- Proficient in offering emotional support for those individuals at the end of their lives and their families