IT Desktop Support Role
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ubique Systems UK Limited
- A person should have hands-on experience in Datacenter
- A person should have worked in a customer facing role
- A person should have good hands on client/workplace management
- Notifying other Suppliers that equipment has been received on Manned sites (delivered to the relevant goods reception at the location)
- Perform Hands and Eyes support on in-scope locations at manned sites (Dedicated) during supported hours, at the direction of off-site staff ( Smart Hands and Feet )
- Execute instructions as provided and directed
- Reset/power cycle of equipment as requests
- Assist in replacing cables
- Assist in managing devices unreachable from the network
- Verify relevant information regarding target impacted asset (serial#,type )
- Primary checks point regarding Ethernet traffic using led signal, electric power up & align server panel error
- Share with HC Lany relevant information that might be available(recent power outage in local data room that could assist in the RCA)
- Support and guide external IT Suppliers (eg Hardware maintenance Supplier, Network connected Printer or Multi-Function Printer supplier, Telco provider) to perform on-site work were required at manned sites (Dedicated)
- Backup tape rotation, media retention, and externalization at manned sites (Dedicated) wherein structured by HCL. The Supplier is not responsible for tape back- up or any loss of data.
- Plug & Play Components Exchange
- Deploy and manage non-network attached printers, storage devices, and miscellaneous peripherals.
- Provide Level 2 on-site support for in-scope locations and remote support services for in-scope locations and users.
- Provide Level 2 support for current and future personal productivity and office automation software.
- Provide Incident determination and Resolution.
- Provide desktop swap-out, Level 2 hardware and system software support (to include but notlimited to Engineering workstations, laptops, desktops, SmartPhones/Tablets and other devices as mutually agreed and defined) coordinated through the ServiceDesk.
- For desktop and Servers, perform upgrades not covered by installation service purchased. The Supplier will not be held liable for any accidental damages or voiding of warranties.
- At least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break/Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers and Handhelds
- Broad experience of IT with a good understanding of Networks, Servers, and Telecoms
- Strong Client service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent Client support to the entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Basic Background security check required
- Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge