Sr SQL Reports developer/ Administrator
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Wellcare
Implements, maintains, administers and supports third-party applications used in conjunction with business and IT critical systems. Completes assigned work to third party applications through configuration. This position requires the demonstration of subject matter expertise (SME) with multiple third-party applications and the ability to determine the best solution to meet specific customer and/or business needs utilizing the appropriate application.
- Modify third-party applications, via configuration, and perform initial testing to ensure the requirements gathered for implementation/enhancement are met.
- Document modifications made for future reference.
- Work with customers to perform end-user testing of modifications to third-party applications.
- Follow release management processes to promote modifications of third-party applications to production environments.
- Respond to emergency issues that arise with the third-party applications, resolving the problem, determining the root cause of the issue and implementing preventative measures to keep the issue from reoccurring.
- Perform routine and periodic patching and upgrades to third-party applications to ensure quality, security and support of these applications.
- Coordinate activities with Network, Server and DBA groups to make necessary modifications to meet the requirements.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures for each third-party application.
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery activities to ensure continued availability of the supported third-party applications.
- Monitor servers where third-party applications are hosted for errors and usage capacity.
- Work with vendors of the assigned third-party applications to ensure adherence to best practices and policies to ensure optimum performance and stability of these applications.
- Support multiple third party applications to serve as a backup resource for work overload or resource shortages.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Transfer knowledge to other members of the Shared Applications team
- Review new technologies against business requirements to identify opportunities for improvements and to identify opportunities to reduce costs
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or related field
- Required 3 years of experience in working to administer, configure or customize third party applications in an enterprise environment
- Preferred experience with SQL reporting
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Proficient in troubleshooting issues
- Intermediate Other Knowledge of Change Control Processes
- Intermediate Other General knowledge of SDLC
- Intermediate Other Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with non-technical staff and end-users for requirements gathering, testing, training, and outcome validation.
- Intermediate Other Must be able to document and diagram solutions using standard formats. Documentation must be grammatically correct, factually accurate, and appropriate to the target audience.
- Intermediate Other Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions and written policies and procedures to ensure adherence to standards and to instructions from management.
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Project
- Required Intermediate Other Working knowledge of Windows and Linux Servers
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at . EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.