Business Technical Analyst (SAS)
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Wellcare
Location: Tampa, FL (Henderson Rd.)
Provides functional business knowledge and technical support to the business unit through developed and ad hoc analysis/reporting , as well as designing and programming new processes/reports. Acts as subject matter expert for department or business unit on business systems/applications. Analyzes company functions, processes, and activities to improve computer-based business applications for the most effective use of money, materials, equipment, and people. Performs application/system design and implementation. Documents development requirements. Consults with end users to test and debug applications to meet client needs.
- Develops ad-hoc reports to conduct data analysis and validation.
- Confers with area/department to analyze current operational procedures and trends and identify problems.
- Conducts business analysis and recommends technical alternative solutions to management as to course of action that best meets the organization's goals.
- Research, evaluate and assess the financial impact of issues identified in data/processes.
- Supports, troubleshoots, and maintains systems and applications as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
- Creates multiuser, real-time, robust database solutions.
- Acts as content expert to provide business and technical expertise in requirements solicitation, system analysis, technical design, programming and documentation of business applications/systems.
- May be responsible for monitoring and reporting to management on the status of departmental projects: Anticipates and identifies issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required or equivalent work experience in technical data analysis, conducting system analysis meetings, developing system design documents, developing project plans with achievable milestones and deadlines, and mediating different department demands to gain approvals on system scope and design.
- Preferred Other a Master's degree in a related field, i.e., Mathematics, Computer Science, etc may be considered in lieu of some of the required experience (not to exceed 2 years)
- Preferred 1 year of experience in Healthcare
- Required 2 years of experience in relevant programming to include SAS, SQL, VB.NET, or Oracle (or similar depending upon departmental requirements)
- Required 3 years of experience in related business analysis
- Preferred 1 year of experience in ASP/ASP.NET
- Intermediate Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Advanced Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Intermediate Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
Licenses and Certifications:
- Preferred SAS Certification
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Preferred Intermediate SQL Server System
- Preferred Beginner Crystal Report Writing
- Preferred Intermediate Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS)
- Preferred Intermediate Visual Basics .Net
- Preferred Intermediate Oracle Database Management System (DBMS)
- Preferred Intermediate Other Cognos
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at . EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.