Tool & Die Associate
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Denso North America
DENSO is one of the largest global automotive suppliers of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. From automated driving to hybrid and electric vehicle components, we're crafting the core technologies of modern mobility. We draw on the strengths of individual inventors who are joining together to become an unstoppable force for global good. With our North American headquarters located in Michigan, DENSO employs more than 24,000 people at 28 consolidated subsidiaries and 4 affiliates across the North American region. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions and employs more than 170,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018, totaled US$48.1 billion.
The Tool & Die Associate will work from drawings, specs, and directions provided by department leadership to safely build and repair molds, jigs, and other equipment to support plant operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interprets and works from drawings, specs, sketches, charts, tables, and as directed by supervision
- Build/repair injection molds, jigs, fixtures, materials, and other equipment
- Maintain work area in a neat, clean and safe condition
- Use manual and CNC milling machines, drill presses, grinders, EDM, EWC, lathes, machining centers, and other shop equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Cooperate with other departments to support internal/external customer needs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including all non-essential or non-major activities
Physical Demands & Environment
While performing the duties of this job you may be asked to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift or carry component parts weighing up to 33 pounds and lift parts in excess of 33 pounds with a lift assist, use hands to handle or feel parts, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, talk and hear, use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
Minimum Level of Training & Education:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 4 years' experience working in a machine shop or similar environment
- Other similar experience or relevant combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Journeyman certificate
- Previous experience with die/mold repair