HIM Technician, Afternoons
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Yavapai Regional Medical Center
The Health Information Management (HIM) Technician supports the vision of the Total Healing Environment and the values of respect, integrity, accountability, commitment and quality by collecting, maintaining and making available to authorized users timely, accurate, secure and complete patient health information in an electronic environment.Job Qualifications
- High School graduate or GED
- One year of medical office experience, preferably in a HIM environment or currently enrolled in HIM equivalent study course
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing providing excellent customer service
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities/tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to adapt to change of duties quickly and smoothly
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and handle confidential information
- Basic computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Windows
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience preferred; Cerner strongly preferred
*Must pass pre-employment screeningCompany Overview
Yavapai Regional Medical Center is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare provider that offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services. Our healing network includes two full-service acute care hospitals, primary and specialty care clinics, the YRMC Wellness Center and the YRMC Del E. Webb Outpatient Center. YRMC's unmatched continuum of care covers a 5,500 square mile service area and includes cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, a comprehensive Women's Health Pavilion and Arizona's only Patient Blood Management Program. YRMC has earned numerous awards for quality and has earned national recognition as an exceptional provider of care. Our MissionTo provide comprehensive, high quality healthcare consistent with our communities' needs.Our VisionCreating a "Total Healing Environment" wherein the people of YRMC work in partnership with the patients and their families seeking peace of mind and peace of heart as well as physical cures or comfort because we understand the indivisible relationship that exists between body, mind and the human spirit. Our ValuesRespect: Behaving in a way that honors self and others.Integrity: Being consistent and honest in word and deed. Accountability: Following through and being answerable for one's performance.Commitment: Demonstrating dedication to one's work, personal development, the organization, the Mission and the Vision.Quality: Providing service excellence.