Senior Linux Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Title - Senior Linux Embedded Software Engineer
Job Location - Rochester, NY
Job Code - CS-30177
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
Harris is looking for an experienced software engineer to join a cross-functional team responsible for developing innovative communications devices for Harris' public safety and government customers. The ideal candidate is skilled in the latest software technologies, self-motivated with a strong innovation orientation, and works well in a collaborative team environment.
The software engineer will be responsible for developing embedded Linux networking applications, drivers, and integration on new products. Responsibilities include brainstorming and prototyping new product concepts, preparing detailed specifications, and working with internal and external engineering resources to develop, validate and deliver end high quality products.
- 6+ years of relevant software engineering experience with a (BS) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Experience bringing up Linux based drivers (Kernel, Yocto) on new HW platforms
- Experience working with the Linux networking stack
- Object-oriented design and development using programming languages such as C++, Python or Java
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working on the Android OS
- Experience developing/porting Linux drivers
- Experience developing LTE or IoT devices
- Experience integrating Bluetooth or other wireless accessories
- Experience with the Yocto build system
- Experience working with third party development teams
- Ability to lead teams
- Experience with product development and manufacturing introduction
- Experience in Agile software development process
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a cross-functional team
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.