EMS Paramedic - Emergency Medical Services - Orlando
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Orlando seeks to hire EMS Paramedic who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed AdventHealth Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
The EMS department is a hospital-based State of Florida approved ambulance provider. EMS provides intra-facility emergent and non-emergent transport for the patients of AdventHealth's seven campuses within a 2800 square mile tri-county area. The EMS' department operates critical care, advance and basic life support, and specialty transport ambulances. EMS mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ ensuring continuity of patient care by providing the highest level of care to patients requiring medical transport within the AdventHealth system.
6p - 6a; (3) 12 hour shifts
Under general supervision the Paramedic is a professional team member responsible for providing direct and indirect patient care. The Paramedic provides basic and advanced life support for all ages, utilizing protocols and on line medical control. Works as a team member during transport and assess and provides patient care per department protocols. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Basic computer skills
- Ambulance transport knowledge (Preferred)
- Graduate of a Paramedic program
- One year patient care experience.
- Associates of Science (AS) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health Related Field. (Preferred)
- Valid Florida State Licensure, Department of Health as a Paramedic.
- Valid Class "E" Florida Driver's license, or Commercial Driver's License (CDL), and driving record in accordance with FH policy.
- Commercial Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) or Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider
- Advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS)
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
- Critical Care Paramedic Certificate (Preferred)
- Instructor status in one AHA certification ALCS/PALS (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
- Helps in completing medication, supplies and equipment inventories each shift, restocking as needed. Completes and submits logs as per department protocol. Keeps the work environment clean and organized. Maintains the unit in a constant state of readiness.
- Utilizes a working knowledge of the service areas and takes the most direct route to reach a destination. Operates emergency vehicles safely in a variety of weather and emergent conditions in accordance to established safety standards. Effectively communicates delays and updates to dispatch. Immediately reports any damage or vehicle issues to the supervisor.
- Documents patient assessments, provides interventions with accurate administration and calculation of medications and the responses, as per department protocols' and FH policy. Utilizes specific knowledge in emergency care of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Works as a team member, able to effectively communicate with other health care members. Provides a complete verbal and written document for hand off of care and patient safety.
- Follows department SOPs (standard operating procedures), treatment protocols' and use of available resources.
- Understands and appropriately utilizes equipment/systems in the department to include but not limited to the Right Cad, EPCR, Cerner, cardiac monitor, medication pumps, stretchers etc..
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the EMS Paramedic opportunity with AdventHealth Orlando and apply online today.
EMS, Paramedic, Orlando