Travel Agent Sales - AAA Allentown
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by AAA East Central
AAA East Central currently has a full-time Travel Agent opportunity available in our Downyflake Lane Branch Office located at 2072 Downyflake Lane in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Candidates must be available to work 37.50 hours per week during the office hours of Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Thursday until 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This position will pay $14.56 per hour, plus opportunities to earn incentives and commissions.
- Achieve sales goals by proactively promoting, selling, and securing reservations for domestic and international leisure travel services including travel by air, bus, rail or ship, package tours, car rentals, hotel, and travel insurance;
- Utilize GDS to research and secure reservations; also use preferred vendor websites and other supporting web based systems and functions;
- Maintain travel documents, invoices, and client files in accordance with AAA standards;
- Plan travel itineraries;
- Process requests for travel literature and brochures;
- Maintain knowledge of evolving travel industry, technology, and AAA policies, procedures, products and services.
- Travel school OR minimum of one year Travel Agent work experience OR we may consider a candidate with great sales skills, above average geography knowledge and strong pc skills. Previous travel industry experience, such as airline customer service, or extensive personal travel and planning experiences may be a plus;
- Above average knowledge of U.S. and international geography;
- Experience with an automated reservation system. Apollo experience preferred;
- Strong PC & internet skills;
- Sales oriented self-starter;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- The availability to work within the posted hours.
We offer full-time employees an outstanding benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage; life insurance and disability coverage; FREE AAA Plus membership; paid time off (vacation, personal, holidays and sick days); and a 401(k) with a generous match.
Please send resume to