SERVICE CENTER MECHANIC B NOT DRV QU Competitive Hourly Rate and Benef
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ward Trucking
JOB TITLE: "D" Service Center Mechanic
REPORTS TO: Lead Mechanic, Field Maintenance Supervisor, Director of Fleet Management
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: To assist, train and develop in all aspects of maintenance related processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle inspection of units for safe operations, reporting of defects that are to be added to the shop repair lists.
- Work with -"Assist"- senior mechanics as necessary in all areas of equipment repairs.
- Handle shop freight - Parts and Tires: unloading, distribution and return of freight and tires.
- Assist with Inventory of parts as well as clean and organize on-hand inventory
- Retrieve parts from local suppliers as needed.
- Knowledge of and ability to safely change tires on all equipment. Knowledge of tire sizes and designs.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform minor repairs and replacement of minor parts and equipment (Mud flaps, Lights, Radios, etc).
- Lubrication of Equipment as instructed
- Ability to drive equipment "in Ward yard" -- on premises only.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Proper reporting of accidents; (photos - decals - unit # - date).
- Complete all paper work and records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Repair orders - complete repair order and note all comments.
- Parts - identify parts being used so they are properly charged out.
- Shop cards - properly complete shop cards, daily.
- Computer repair order system - "learn to use".
All employees are expected to maintain superior customer relations, be involved and committed to continuous improvement, be willing to train and give aid to fellow employees. Work in an efficient manner, receive constructive criticism and praise in a business-like fashion, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Understanding and application of the safety practices related to this position.
- Understanding of the proper handling of hazardous material.
- Understanding and application of DOT, EPA, ICC, and OSHA rules & regulations.
- Ability to accurately read gauges and dials and accomplish specialized detail work required.
TOOLS: Maintain an adequate supply of personally owned hand tools to accomplish work.
TRAINING: Must be willing to participate in training classes given by or requested by the company.
TRAVEL: Travel as required for maintenance reasons, including to outside service center locations. Period of stay will be determined on required need.
SCHEDULE: Must be willing to work in different departments, including shift changes and days of the week to keep the company operating in an efficient manner.
ENVIRONMENT: May be subject to climate fluctuations of a normal shop environment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post offer physical agility test, specifically designed for the tasks associated with the position. The physical demands for this position are "Heavy", as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles: Exerting 50 to 100 lb of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 lb of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 lb of force constantly to move objects, physical demand requirements are in excess of those for medium work.
- Specific physical demands include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying: Occasional, up to 56 lbs., up to 25 feet
- Pushing: Occasional, up to 100 lbs., up to 150 feet
- Pulling: Occasional, up to 100 lbs., up to 150 feet
- Lifting - Floor to Knee, Knee to Waist, Waist to Shoulder: Occasional, up to 100 lbs.
- Lifting - Shoulder and Above: Occasional, up to 56 lbs.
- Balancing, Climbing, Crouching, Kneeling, Lying down, Reaching (below shoulder), Sitting: Occasional
- Stooping, Twisting, Bending, Reaching (shoulder or above), Standing: Frequent
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other different tasks be performed as circumstances change.