Electrical Engineer III
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Western Enterprises
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform complex analytical work to support design and development activities for electronic components for products such as battery powered hand held measurement devices, digital transmitters, field computers, etc.
- Serve as project manager for new product development projects of any size and launches in accordance with Stage Gate system.
- Design, prototype, and validate analog and digital circuits
- Schematic Capture
- Layout of printed circuit boards
- Create and maintain production documentation
- Select and requisition components and materials for R&D, prototyping, and/or pilot runs
- Prepare documentation for agency approval
- Stay current with emerging technologies and apply new knowledge
- Guide requirements development to result in cohesive project requests, product development specifications and input/output matrices to meet program strategic goals.
- Lead product design and development teams including Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Materials, and Quality to produce cost effective, manufacturable, and technically sound designs to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Other duties as required
- High level and broad base of Electrical Engineering skills including:
- ECAD tools (Altium, OrCAD)
- intrinsic safety design
- HART & Foundation Fieldbus
- Wireless design
- C, C++, C#, VB, LabVIEW, ASM
- TI MSP430
- NXP i.MX
- Lead Free Soldering
- Regulatory compliance: UL, CSA, IEC, CE, RoHS, WEEE, REACH, FCC
- Standards UL/EN/IEC 60079-11, IEC 61010
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint MS Project) is required
- BSEE or equivalent required, Graduate degree desired
- More than 8 years of relevant experience in an engineering role.