School Based Therapist - Cuyahoga County
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Beech Brook
Beech Brook, one of Northeast Ohio's premier behavioral agencies, is currently hiring an LSW level clinician for our School Based Therapy program.
This position will provide individual and family focused therapy to children and adolescents with mental health conditions in a school based environment. Therapy services will be delivered in the school, home, and community. The candidate should be familiar with Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral therapy as well as have experience with diagnoses including: Depression, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, ADHD, Bipolar Disorder and PTSD.
Essential Responsibilities (others may be assigned):
- Provide Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral therapy to at risk children and adolescents with mental health diagnoses
- Conduct a thorough mental health assessment, including diagnoses, treatment planning and linkage, as needed to appropriate internal and external services
- Complete daily progress notes and other Medicaid documentation within proper timeframes
- Develop client focused treatment plans and monitor for progress
- Partner with both internal and external treatment providers in implementing and evaluating the ISP/treatment plan
- Develop effective relationships in order to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team
Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor's Degree
- LSW or PC Required
- Experience working with at risk youth and families
- Skilled in using computer software applications such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have a valid OH driver's license with no more than 5 points and 24/7 availability.
- Master's Degree
- At least two years of experience providing cognitive behavioral therapy to youth and families
- Knowledge of community resources and experience and working within a school setting is helpful
- Experience with electronic medical records documentation such as progress notes, treatment plans and other necessary clinical documentation.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations with complex psychiatric needs
Beech Brook is a trauma Informed Care Organization that values employees with appreciation for the impact of trauma and its relevance to the agency's clients and staff.
Beech Brook is an equal opportunity employer.