Application Support Analyst
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by CV-Library
Reporting to the Head of IT Development you will be working with the business system users and the IT Support to manage application support activities.
• Alongside users, identify and define business impact priorities that can be applied to applications systems issues
• As part of any implementation of a business application ensure the appropriate tools and training is available so that support staff can perform problem determination.
• Support the implementation of new solutions and projects by developing failure test cases and scripts that ensure that solutions are tested in a failure as well as a success situation
• Contribute to the continual improvement of the Information Systems team by maintaining up to date knowledge of business application support techniques and methodologies including documentation and methodologies that support issue resolution
• Be responsible for the maintenance of appropriate application software levels so that the required support is always available from third party suppliers
• Manage all application related helpdesk issues through to an appropriate resolution that meets business requirements
• Support the Head of IT Development in developing a strategy for delivering new applications
• Knowledge and understanding at a detailed and technical level of an order processing system.
• Knowledge and understanding of some or all of multichannel disciplines from a systems perspective.
• Sufficient technical systems understanding to support the interface between the user application and the support functions both in IT and in third party support organisations
• A rational and methodical approach to problem determination, diagnosis and resolution.
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills across all levels and third party suppliers and support organisations
• Adhere to all agreed support processes and practices
• Knowledge of SQL
• Knowledge of ERP software
Interested? Please send your CV or call me on (phone number removed)
THE ONE GROUP is Cambridgeshire's largest independent specialist recruitment business. With offices in Cambridge and Peterborough, our recruitment divisions include, IT, Accountancy, Executive, HR, Office and Sales & Marketing.
For more information call the Peterborough office of THE ONE GROUP on (phone number removed) or visit our website at (url removed)
£250 - £350 Hourly
£35k - £40k Annual
£25k - £25k Annual
£450 - £500 Daily
£32k - £35k Annual
£26k - £27k Annual
£32k - £35k Annual