Technical Support Engineer
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by CV-Library
* Troubleshoot, resolve and enhance software for integrating laboratory automation devices with robotic systems, via telephone, remote desktop (GoToAssist/GoToMeeting) or onsite customer visits.
* Troubleshooting and updates for our robotic system databases and software.
* Teaching/Setup of Robotic Platforms and system configuration for onsite customer systems.
* Troubleshoot field system assembly (pneumatics, communications, etc.) with assistance/co-ordination with EU field service engineer and head office manufacturing team.
* Troubleshooting HighRes device integration and operation in conjunction with field service engineers and head office R&D/device manufacture team.
* Preventative maintenance visits for range of robotic systems across the EU, in conjunction with field service engineers.
* Escalation and co-ordination of more complex issues/tickets with EU and US software/commissioner team, while maintaining a quality driven approach and quick turn around for EU customers.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
* BS in computer science, software or related applied engineering discipline.
* C#, object oriented programming.
* Computer communications (TCP/IP, RS232).
* Travel estimated at up to 25% plus allowance for busier periods, although expected to be minimal.
* Domestic and international travel, passport required.
* Individuals from countries outside the European Economic Area must be in possession of a work permit to allow them to take up employment. Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to freely travel throughout Europe and the United States to be considered for this position
£34k - £34k Annual
£35k - £41k Annual
£32k - £35k Annual
£28k - £36k Annual
£22k - £30k Annual
£23k - £28k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual