Liquidity Risk Analyst - 6 months C, Tier 1 investment Bank
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by Resource Solutions
Liquidity Risk Analyst - 6 month contract, Tier 1 investment Bank
We are seeking a professional with previous liquidity or risk management experience to join EMEA & UK Group LRD in London in a temporary capacity. The role is for a resourceful professional assisting in oversight across numerous areas of the Liquidity Risk remit. Responsibilities can include but is not limited to internal liquidity risk assessment, stress testing, Liquidity Risk limits and management reporting.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Assist management on delivering the Liquidity Risk agenda.
- Contribute to the expansion and improvement of the Firm's internal risk assessments by in depth review and analysis.
- Closely liaise with other teams to validate liquidity risk calculations.
- Creating high quality reports for Boards, Regulators and internal use on a regular basis.
- Innovate ways to identify key risks/concentrations and implement processes to actively monitor these risks
- Review and challenge of existing stress models
- Liaise with Treasury, business personnel and risk managers to ensure the appropriateness of the representation of liquidity risks.
- In depth knowledge of liquidity and funding risk
- Self starter
- Excellent academic background, preferably an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline.
- At least 6 years work experience in a Liquidity risk management or relevant role in an investment bank, commercial bank or consulting firm.
- Broad knowledge of financial products across securities, secured funding and derivatives.
- Broad knowledge of Financial Market Infrastructures used for clearing, settling and recording financial transactions, including CCPs and Agent Banks
- Understanding of stress testing financial products. Background in different stress testing methodologies, including behavioral methodologies desirable.
- Ability to handle and analyze large data sets. Proficiency in Excel essential.
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Strong analytical skills, sense of ownership and self - motivator
- Innovative problem solver