Senior Project Manager/Program Manager
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by Resource 1
Resource 1 is looking for a Sr. Project/Program Manager for a 6-month contract-for-hire in Downers Grove.
Selected individual will start off by managing a very visible software development program. The high-level scope is taking 4-5 application systems running at the different operational companies and replacing them all with one new common system that all of the Op Co's will utilize. The specific technical architecture/platform is still being defined, but the system will function as a bidding application, which will allow the sales team to match freight with available trucking options. There will be about 50-60 people working on the initial project and the annual budget is around $5-6M. There will be one other Project Manager or Project Coordinator reporting to this position.
Ideally, candidate should already have experience as a Program Manager over 2-3 mid-to large Programs, but will also consider a Sr. Project Manager who has experience managing multiple projects at the same time and is ready to take the next step into the Program Manager role. Selected individual should have the tenacity to drive the project forward with the various stakeholders. Excellent follow up skills are critical. Individual will need to develop, maintain and enhance the Program Plan with Agile methodology. He/she will take ownership of the Scope, Schedule and Budget. They will identify milestone dates, create and present status reports and track spend versus projected spend. He/she will need to have prior experience presenting status update to C- level execs.
- 7+ years of IT Project Manager experience in mid-large enterprise PMO environments managing over software development/implementation projects.
- Ideal to have experience as a Program Manager over 1-3 different mid to large Programs - but not required
- Experience managing 3-5 IT projects simultaneously
- 5+ years of Agile experience and implementing the Agile methodology into a Project Plan.
- Experience with major PM and SDLC tools such as MS Project/Project Online, Innotas, Jira, ALM, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written & verbal) and experience presenting status update to Sr. level executives.
- Excellent follow up skills and the ability to drive a project forward
Project Management, Program Management, Program/Project Planning, Scope, Schedule, Budget, Agile & MS Project.