SAP MM Implemetation
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by Henley Computer Services
SAP MM Implementation
Our client is looking for an SAP Functional Lead.
The main purpose of the role is:
- Manage SAP implementation, maintenance and improvement work within the SAP Materials Management (MM) module.
- Responsible for converting business requirements into a working process within the SAP MM module and integrated systems.
- Continuously improve and maintain existing processes and reporting.
- Ensure adoption of best practice by Sourcing team members in the UK & US.
- Participate in similar projects in other SAP functional modules besides MM, as directed by the Business Systems Team Leader.
- Project planning and requirements definition. Work with stakeholders to agree the scope, functional requirements and implementation plan.
- Technical design and implementation. Using knowledge of SAP best practice, map the defined project requirements to the functionality available. Document the requirement and produce a technical specification enabling the IT solution to be built. Liaise with stakeholders for sign-off.
- Using SAP knowledge and skills - and/or those of colleagues and external consultants - perform and coordinate the technical tasks to build the IT process. Work with functional, technical and support colleagues within the IT Business Systems team, and external SAP consulting partner, to ensure implementation of a complete and integrated MM solution.
- Knowledge transfer and user acceptance test. Present the solution to stakeholders, end-users & Business As Usual team ensuring they understand their individual roles & responsibilities in the process. Facilitate user acceptance testing and refine the solution as required until sign-off is achieved from stakeholders.
- Documentation, training and deployment. Mentor End Users and Business As Usual team to run the process. Perform or supervise documentation, training and technical cut-over activities for go- live.
- Adoption of best practice. Provide continuous mentoring to End Users within the UK & US Sourcing teams to ensure they are following the SAP processes is understood and being deployed. Assist with employee on-boarding as required.
- Support and continuous improvement. Provide 3rd line support. Lead continuous improvement activities and maintain existing processes as requirements evolve. Manage or Supervise master data maintenance.
- Previous experience working within/leading a project team implementing and improving business processes in a SAP configuration capacity.
- Understanding of the SAP development cycle, Basis landscape and transports system.
- Previous experience working within SAP configuration, performs process and report development, interacts with business stakeholders and end-users most working days.
- Previous full life cycle SAP MM implementations, including integration with some of FI, PP, WM and QM modules.
- Knowledge of ABAP, SAPScript and SmartForms, LSMW, User Authorisations. Able to create technical specifications for programming colleagues to work from.
- This roles supports multiple functional SAP modules, and requires a versatility to participate in project work and support on functional areas besides MM is required at times. Detailed knowledge of any other core SAP modules (PP, WM, QM, SD, LO, FI, CO) is a distinct advantage.
£450 - £500 Daily
£23k - £27k Annual
£10 - £10 Annual
£10 - £10 Annual