Registered Nurse - RN - Observation Unit
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse?
IF so, join our amazing team at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore! #Nursing #DreamJob
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As you embark on the next step in your nursing career, we'd like to invite you to take it with us.
- As a Saint Agnes RN, you will have the opportunity to implement and monitor your patient's care plans, including monitoring, recording and communicating patient conditions as appropriate.
- In your role, you will serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care, along with notating and carrying out physician and nursing orders.
- Towards the end of your patient's hospital stay, you will also assess and coordinate your patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Shift and facility information:
- This position is on our 20 bed unit used for 23 hour observation of patients from the Emergency Department as it is determined if they will need to be admitted. It is a very fast paced unit where admissions and discharges move quickly. You would be exposed to patients with chest pain, those needing imaging, stress testing, echos or the like to determine their diagnosis / needs. We also see a lot of post cath care patients with stints.
- Full time, benefit eligible
- 36 hours per week (Three 12 hour shifts)
- Night shift
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Required: One year nursing experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity