Pulmonary Function Therapist
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
- Performs ordered pulmonary function and pulmonary stress testing. Monitors and evaluates patient response during and after testing. Documents and reports testing results.
- Determines testing reference ranges and interprets results. Recognizes and corrects for invalid test results.
- Prepares, maintains and calibrates pulmonary function testing equipment. Maintains adequate levels of supplies used for testing. Troubleshoots equipment problems and reports needed repairs/replacements.
- Provides education and resources to patient and/or patient's family based on clinical implications.Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the Florida Board of Respiratory Care obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Florida Board of Respiratory Care, licensure or eligible.Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree requiredWork Experience:
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)