Nuclear Medical Technician (Per Diem - Days)
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Nuclear Med Technician PRN - Nuclear Medicine 001 - PRN, Day - St Vincent's Medical Center - Bridgeport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health Services, in Bridgeport, Connecticut, includes a licensed 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and St. Vincent's Special Needs Services. In 2012, and again in 2018, St. Vincent's achieved Magnet® Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the highest national honor for nursing excellence. Known throughout the region for exceptional cardiovascular care, St. Vincent's specializes in primary care, breast health, obstetrics, emergency medicine, behavioral health, cancer care, bariatric, and orthopedics. St. Vincent's was founded in 1903 by the Daughters of Charity.
St. Vincent's Health Services is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Nuclear Medical Technician (Per Diem - Days) with St. Vincent's Health Services, you will have the opportunity to perform Nuclear Medicine therapeutic and diagnostic procedures providing quality images to Radiologists and Physicians for interpretation.
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Appropriately responds to any emergencies related to radioactive materials
- Maintain and follow accreditation protocols and procedures, work with management to maintain accreditation
- Maintain JCAHO standards as determined
- Assure appropriateness of procedure by reviewing the radiology order placed prior to performing exam. Should be able to explain procedure to the patient for their safety and comfort during exams
- Able to perform on all age groups from infant to adult/geriatric
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- 1 or more of the following:
- Registered Nuclear Medical Tech specializing in Nuclear Medicine credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Must have NMTCB or ARRT certification
- Certified Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Must have NMTCB or ARRT certification
- 1 or more of the following:
- High School Diploma OR Equivalent
- Graduate of an Accredited Education Program in Radiography
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)