CHARGE CAPTURE SPECIALIST-ONCOLOGY SERVICES
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by Southwest General Health Center
- Position summary:
- This position is responsible for facilitating proper charge capture, billing and adjudication of claims in accordance with standard billing policies and reimbursement principles, clinical documentation practices, and CPT/HCPCS and ICD-10-CM coding through the use of the hospital's electronic information systems and manual processes. This position will be responsible for ensuring that all billing charges are captured in an appropriate manner for the Hospital's Oncology Services, specifically focusing on infusion, injection and radiation charging. This person will identify, analyze and reconcile billing errors or omissions. They will be responsible for reviewing patient account records and third party payer issues and develop procedures to avoid future delays in payments and/or prevent denials. This person must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in healthcare. The applicant will be responsible to perform a variety of tasks as assigned and will work under general supervision of the Revenue Integrity Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Required length and type of experience:
- Minimum 3 Years Related Experience in health care finance, medical records/facility coding, compliance and/or revenue cycle required.
- Required licensure, certification or registry:
- CPC, CPC-H, CCS, or RHIT required.