STAFF NURSE - MENTAL HEALTH INPATIENT
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by Southwest General Health Center
- Hours: Full time, 3:00PM-11:30PM and rotating weekends
- Position summary:
- Responsible for planning, providing and directing patient care and teaching, utilizing the nursing process in accordance with patient care standards and physician's orders. The Behavioral Health Registered Nurse acts as a liaison between physician, patient and family and collaborates with other health care members, assists in the orientation process of new personnel, and may participate in health center and department committees. The Behavioral Health Registered Nurse must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to age groups according to specific chronological age, developmental age, and/or psycho-social maturity.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current licensure by Ohio State Board of Nursing
- Required length and type of experience:
- Previous experience in specific nursing area preferred.
- Two (2) years work experience as a nurse.
- Two (2) years experience in a Hospital Behavioral Health setting (Mental Health or addiction treatment) is preferred but not required.
- Required licensure, certification or registry:
- Current license by the Ohio State Board of Nursing.
- CPR certification required.
- ACLS preferred.
- If applicable, ACLS certification for Critical Care and Emergency Services required.
- PALS required in Emergency Services.
- Certification as a Mental Health Nurse preferred.