Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by Tate & Lyle
ASR Group is the world's largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company's brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle's® and Sidul®.
Provision of an effective maintenance service to all plant/equipment used within the refining and packing areas, with emphasis on the improving plant availability & reliability.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work safely at all times.
- Carry out plant isolations.
- Carry out reactive maintenance when required by plant priorities.
- To plan, schedule & agree daily/weekly workload with the Area Maintenance Leader, incorporating Preventative, Predictive and improvement activities.
- Plan plant insurance inspections liaising with the insurance inspector when required.
- Provide cost estimates for improvement projects and generate capital requests for these projects.
- Supervise maintenance activities optimising available on site resources and contractors to ensure expedient, high quality repairs, servicing and improvement projects.
- Supervise cleaning resources to maintain plant hygiene
- Administer and review SAP maintenance system for budgeting, historical trend & reliability analysis.
- Provide where necessary HT cover for the site following the appropriate training and assessment.
- Undertake detailed RCA on component failures, generating and implementing modifications & improvements to address reliability and performance issues within the plant.
- Participate in capital projects at all stages of implementation through to commissioning.
- Meet with suppliers or potential suppliers and carry out audits/visits to suppliers' premises when required.
- Mentor, train and advise on engineering practices and Maintenance issues at all levels.
- BSA completion - min 1 per month
- Ensure full PPE compliance at all times
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Self motivated with desire for continual personal development.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability for problem solving and providing long term solutions.
- Multi-skilled across a range of engineering trades.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & environmental systems & procedures
- Experience of planning and organising engineering tasks often involving contractor resources.
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- Comparable experience of maintenance within an automated continuous process environment, which includes PLC and HT systems.
- Experience of Predictive/Preventative maintenance techniques and regimes.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Preferably an HNC/NVQ 4 in an engineering discipline, at least BTEC/ONC in relevant discipline.
At Tate & Lyle Sugars, the group's values are the cornerstone of our success.
Leadership - our goal is to be the leader in every arena in which we compete. Teamwork - our strength is magnified when we work together. Integrity - honesty and trust are the foundation of our success.Service - we know that the people and communities in which we operate are crucial partners to our success. Sustainability - the member companies of ASR Group are committed to sustainable agricultural and business practices.
This year Tate & Lyle Sugars has been certified as one of Britain's Top Employers for the third year running.