Software Engineer - £500 When you spend the day with us!
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by Sky Betting & Gaming
At Sky Betting and Gaming, we don't hassle our software devs with boring tech interviews. Or irrelevant engineering tests. Instead, we offer you a taste of #sbglife - and we think your working life will never be the same again.
After a quick phone call to make sure what we do feels like a good fit for you, we'll bring you in for the day, working with the same engineers you'd be working with if you join us. You'll work on whichever part of our technology stack matches up best with your experience and passion: we have a wide-ranging and high-scale stack, so there's a good chance there's something for anybody who's worked on building web or mobile apps, or in operating or supporting the infrastructure to power them.
We're talking Java, Kotlin, Node.JS, React, Go, Kafka, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Docker, AWS and more. So if you're experienced in any of these and have the same kind of growth mindset that we have, this is a brilliant opportunity to show off your skills.
And, just as importantly, you'll even get your time back as cash - £500 to be exact. And because you'll be a true part of our team for the day, you'll get stuck into the same challenges we face, hands-on, and you can decide for yourself whether the way we really work suits you.
At the end, we'll use what you do that day to make a decision on whether we can offer you an amazing tech job. And you'll be able to use your knowledge of the way we do things to decide whether you want to accept it.
Either way, we'll be really clear with you about when you can expect to hear what we think - it could even be the same day.
For those of you who enjoy the day and we make an offer to, here are the things you can look forward to:Work Life Balance
- We try to get that balance right between time for work and other aspects of your life, we're always looking to make it better along the way too
- We're not 9.00-5.30! We know everyone needs some flexibility to get into work and get home
- We are creating an inclusive workforce with diverse teams, if you fancy part-time or a job share we'll do our best to support where we can
- Work with some of the most cutting-edge programming languages
- Build new products, rock solid stability, high velocity code-shipping & ground-breaking innovation
- Work in autonomous teams that follow agile methodologies
- No two days are the same and it's really a "One Team" effort together
- Empowering people to reach their full potential
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Amazing benefits package featuring things like Pension, Healthcare, Dental, Cycle to Work, Gym Membership and loads more
- MacBook Pro
- Great holiday package
- Ninja Fund - £1K towards your own personal development
- Great coffee ☕️
- Amazing office featuring everything from coffee shop, pool tables, football tables and breakout areas.
- It's fast paced, with talent led Tech teams
- W e've created the kind of workplace that not only retains talent, but wins awards for it too - including a place on the prestigious Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list 4 years in a row.
- We're the 6th Best Place to Work 2019 on Glassdoor
- Mental health & Wellbeing programmes
- Diversity and Inclusion and a company commitment to D&I
- Bring your whole self to work
- We're based in Leeds City Centre with lots of ways to commute to work by Train, Bus or even Park N Ride
- If you cycle we've got it covered too with bike storage, showers and lockers
- You may just want to walk in and get a coffee on route, if it's raining you can always grab an Uber!
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at .Mon to Fri - Standard