Tableau Consultant - Permanant Position
Posted on Jun 13, 2019 by HCL GB Ltd
Project Manager for Tableau Project.
Role: Project Manager for Tableau project
This is a customer facing role. The person is required to lead a team of Tableau developers and deliver complex reports to various business functions over a 12 month period. It needs a blend of customer facing, team management and in depth Tableau skills.
- At least 8 years' experience and expertise with Tableau Server & Tableau Desktop.
- Advanced Tableau development, user interface, server client publishing skills and adopting Tableau Best Practices and Standards
- Familiarity with ETL Frameworks and Microsoft Stack: SQL Server - SSRS, SSAS, SSIS
- Collect reporting requirements from Business stakeholders
- Understand Business Requirements and Develop Tableau based BI Solutions
- Understand Tableau logical model and build appropriate Tableau Applications
- Develop and design Load Scripts under guidance from Lead Architect
- Engage with ETL Developers to create or design extracts that feed visualizations
- Conduct UX sessions, translate end user business requirements into intuitive, visually effective user interfaces for Dashboards, Analytics and Reporting
- Create mock-ups/wireframes via PowerPoint/Visio or other similar tools
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Development including, but not limited to, Developing meaningful and efficient Dashboards, Analytics, Reporting, Visualizations, Unit testing, Integration testing and Production support.
- Create and present application in a way that tells the.business story* and addresses the solution to the business issue
- Provide effective Tableau training to reporting end-users and documentation of solutions and technical decisions
- Agile software development experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional work experience
- 4+ years of experience working in general business including operational and customer reporting responsibilities in a large, predominantly matrixed organization
- Team management in onsite - offshore model
- Proven expertise in capturing concepts, transforming these into PPT mock ups and finally lead the team to create final report in agile development methodology.
- 5+ years of experience with developing complex reporting applications (Tableau, Micro strategy, Power BI, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases (SQL Server preferred, Oracle, Access, etc.)
- Able to travel up to 30% if needed
- Degree/MBA or advanced degree
- Experience flexibility in working with global teams and global customers
- Experience in developing analytical tools and models, programming database queries, conducting data analysis, and creating reports
- Experience translating business needs and specifications for reporting purposes and communicating with both the business and technical experts
- Experience with an extensive level of technical skills, database software applications