Mechanical Design Engineer / Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 12, 2019 by CV-Library
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will have a proven background within Mechanical Design ideally with production line equipment as well as metal fabrication. However, a background of various Mechanical Design will also be considered. Proficiency in the use of AutoDesk Inventor would be preferred although use of similar CAD packages will be suitable.
Project Design Engineer Position Overview
The key duties and responsibilities of this role are listed below:
* Overseeing the development of products from conceptual drawing stage right through to design for manufacture. This will involve creating concept models to analyse and provide alternative design options to improve functionality.
* Creating drawings via AutoDesk Inventor to customer specifications-secondary to this would be to liaise with clients where required, to ensure their expectations are met.
* Producing Bill of Materials. This will require a level of dealing with suppliers on a technical level to ensure supplied materials or parts work to expectations and tolerances.
* Liaising closely with other members of the design and manufacture team.
* Assisting the development of prototypes.
* Accurate drawing and record keeping of progress in each project. This in turn helps assist future projects.
Project Design Engineer Position Requirements
* The successful candidate will be degree qualified or equivalent in a Mechanical Design Engineering field of study.
* Proven background within Mechanical Design. Preferably with production line or plant machinery or otherwise mechanical components and machinery. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have at least 3-5 years of related working experience.
* Proficient in the use of AutoDesk Inventor. Use of other 3D CAD software will be considered.
* Ability to use CFD and FEA software would be advantageous.
* Clear written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Full UK Driving License.
Project Design Engineer Position Remuneration
* Salary £30,000 - £37,000 (Dependent upon Experience)
* 33 Days Holiday Including Bank Holidays
* Working hours: Mon-Thu 08:30am-17:15pm | Fri – 17:00pm
* Company-based performance bonus
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment
£30k - £37k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual