Senior Buyer (IT)
Posted on Jun 12, 2019 by CV-Library
TITLE- SENIOR BUYER (IT)
DURATION 6-9 MONTHS
RATE £(Apply online only)
My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investors owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner.
Support the IT procurement activities. Individual will be required to engage with a range of stakeholders and to work collaboratively with teams to undertake competitive regulated sourcing activities in a timely fashion. Candidate to have previous experience of procuring IT software and services with a proven track record of applying excellent consulting / customer engagement & influencing skills.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* Raise IT Purchase Orders(s) with Suppliers.
* Collate purchase orders in order to order materials, goods and supplies.
* Send them to the suppliers or enter via supplier portal.
* Manage Stock
* Build/image Mobile Phones to Gallagher standard
* Review orders as required.
* Interact with the suppliers on a day to day basis.
* Track the status of any orders.
* Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment.
* Produce and maintain all reports.
* Manage any procurement activities including RFP’s (Request for Proposals).
* To provide the associated Admin Support and records for Mobiles Phones Users and any other Communications Device.
Experience Relevant for the role
* Expert user of MS Excel
* Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
* Good Level of numeracy and methodical analytical skills.
* Practical experience of administrative procedures and implementation of procedures
* Ability to work under pressure
* Well-developed inter-personal skills including the ability to inspire/achieve confidence.
* Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Proven problem-solving skills.
* Able to take a proactive approach
* Ability to liaise with colleagues, plus internal and external customers and suppliers.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Please email myself