Project Design Manager
Posted on Jun 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary - attractive plus excellent benefits package including car allowance, 25 days holiday and generous pension scheme and medical cover
Venatu Recruitment Group are delighted to be working with our client, a leading supplier of modular buildings throughout the UK. A growing company, with a national presence they are looking to add to their ever growing team.
They are an innovative design and build company with a reputation for delivering high quality value for money solutions across a variety of market sectors. Their success is founded on the way they deliver design and build projects by challenging the norm, finding innovative ways of working and utilising modern methods of construction to deliver innovative design and delivery solutions. You will have experience working on new build education / accommodation projects.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Project Design Manager is responsible for executing the design in accordance with the project’s design deliverables, directing and coordinating external design partners and the internal Project Design and CAD Technician resource allocated to the project.
The Project Design Manager will be the primary technical contact for the project, liaising with the Contracts Manager and Project Manager from the construction team, who will be responsible for managing the overall project.
The Project Design Manager will support the Contracts Manager in dealing with the client team on design related issues.
* Be qualified to Degree or HND/HNC level, and have professional accreditation with a relevant institution.
* Be competent in the use of appropriate CAD software:
* Preferably AutoDESK REVIT, AutoDESK AutoCAD, and/or other 3D Modelling software.
* Have experience working within a design role in a construction business
* Have experience of managing members of a design team, including the allocation and monitoring of design workload, as well as overseeing individuals’ personal development.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Provide primary design oversight across multiple projects, including co-ordination with Construction and Project Management Team/Managers, to facilitate the timely completion of design information to meet internal and external design programme targets.
* Liaise with the Commercial and Construction departments regarding the selection and assessment of Subcontractors to ensure they are competent, qualified and capable of providing the design input required for the project.
* Manage allocated resources within projects and produce project design programmes to assist in project resource planning across the department.
* Ensure Design Risk Assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project in a timely manner to satisfy CDM requirements.
* Line management responsibilities for Project Design Engineers and CAD Technicians as agreed with the Head of Technical.
* Contribute to the development of new product standards.
£300 - £350 Daily