Media Sales Team Manager
Posted on Jun 12, 2019 by CV-Library
We are working with the leading out-of-home advertising business who are looking to expand their sales team due to growth.
You will be managing a growing sales team who will be selling effective media campaigns to local businesses and helping them reach targeted audiences, including professionals, families and youths through advertising opportunities in health clubs, shopping malls, leisure centres, playhouses, cinemas, golf clubs and schools.
They work with clients such as Sky; Clinque; Sony; Red Bull & Jaguar.
If you are an experienced Sales Manager with the experience to develop an internal sales team, strong mentoring and training skills will be essential for this role. If you have experience of recruitment, performance management, appraisals and 1-2-1's and are a self-starter, highly motivated and proactive with a desire to succeed this could be the role for you!
Desired Personal Attributes & Skills:
* An experienced Sales Manager who can demonstrate a successful career in SME sales environments
* The ideal candidate will be prepared to lead by example in terms of call activities & revenue generation
* A proven track record in managing & developing telesales led Business Development Teams (5-15 heads+) & experience of training at Team Leader & Sales Executive level
* Strong commercial skills & experience of field based sales activity
* A natural interest in media, marketing & communications is essential
* Experience of selling a service/solution
* Personable - able to motivate & inspire a team towards hitting their targets & KPI’s
* Literate & numerate - able to forecast & report effectively; develop & implement a sales strategy; set individual team targets; manage external agencies
* To be directly responsible for ensuring the Direct Sales Team achieve their targets & KPI’s
* Day-to-day running of the Direct Sales Team; responsibility for team member development & training; to mentor & coach as needed; to maintain high team standards & disciplines
* Manage inductions, reviews, appraisals & disciplinary action as required
* Monthly reporting & forecasting to the Sales Director
* Undertake business planning for the calendar year; drive forward implementation & revisions throughout the year; quarterly target setting with the Sales Director
* Regular updates with Sales Director in terms of ‘rising stars’ in terms of suitability for National Media Accounts Team & succession planning
* To manage external local media agencies; establish reporting processes & pipelines
* To ensure communication between teams & team members is as effective as possible; to strengthen relationships with departments outside of Sales & Marketing
* Management of local sales leads, including distribution & monitoring team effectiveness / accountability
* Work closely with the Sale Director & Marketing in terms of feeding back on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns & ensure that there are effective & collateral is in place which are well aligned with Direct Sales activity
* Implement initiatives to improve client service levels & retention; to ‘trouble shoot’ challenging contacts & pieces of business
* Support & train on MS Dynamics system to ensure that data is accurate & updated regularly
* Ensure all administration is in line with company policy & procedure
* To professionally represent the company at all times; some flexibility in hours may be required (i.e. for entertaining) due to the nature of this role
* Time for You - 22 days annual leave, increasing each year up to 25 days
* Future Saving - match your pension contribution to help you save for the future
* Support - training through a 2-week induction programme & ongoing mentoring
* Development - staff through courses & qualifications to help them progress
* Incentives - bonus schemes & uncapped commission
* Free Parking - company parties & a yearly ski trip
* Healthy Lifestyle - invest in your well-being with circuits classes & challenges (e.g. 3 Peaks)
Get in touch ASAP to be considered for this opportunity!
Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by Halmer Recruit for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other suitable roles for you
£30k - £45k Annual
£450 - £520 Daily
£20k - £20k Annual