DevOps Engineer - Linux / Cloud
Posted on Jun 12, 2019 by CV-Library
As a DevOps Engineer you will have skills in some of
* Proficiency in building and systems administration of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
* Extensive experience with IaaS and PaaS cloud such as (AWS, GCP, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Heroku, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry, etc.)
* Scripting and programming languages (Python, Golang / Go, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, etc.)
* Experience of container orchestration ideally Kubernetes for setting up production grade, highly available, highly scalable Kubernetes clusters for automating application deployment, scaling, and management
* Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform, Helm)
* Demonstrable experience of designing and operating secure cloud environments
* Experience of developing CI/CD workflows and tools.
* Experience designing monitoring solutions for high availability production environment
* Network design and configuration, e.g. VPCs, VPNs, routing
* Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Tomcat, Nginx, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.)
* Passion for and ability to work with software development teams
Key Responsibilities as a DevOps Engineer would include:
* Improve functionality stability and security of our production and development Kubernetes clusters through infrastructure as code.
* Make security the first consideration to ensure production environments and software deployed to them are secure.
* Deploy, manage and optimise CI/CD pipelines to support the application development teams and their ability to deploy often.
* Collaborate with Architects and DevOps to modernize infrastructure as a service.
* Advise product teams on how to get the most out of the platform and the shared components it provides
* Ensure suitable levels of monitoring and alerting are in place to keep Infrastructure and Engineering teams aware of issues. Work with teams to establish runbooks and procedures to keep outages to a minimum.
Nice To Have Skills DevOps Engineer:
* Operations team experience.
* Message queuing frameworks (e.g. Kafka), distributed databases (e.g. Cassandra, ElasticSearch), and their PaaS equivalents
* Experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
* Experience with resilient distributed system / microservice architectures.
This is an outstanding chance to join an established start-up who are scaling their product and Tech Ops function in a role that will give opportunities to work across a variety of projects with cutting edge edge technologies within a business developing tech ops for large scale distributed / microservices oriented systems.
The attitude and cultural fit are very important and this role will suite people who want to work in a disruptive start up working in an Agile / forward thinking environment on complex technology with the aim of making a real-world difference.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.
£28k - £32k Annual
£26k - £26k Annual
£26.6k - £32.6k Annual
£32k - £37k Annual