Assistant Governance, Risk & Controls Manager
Posted on Jun 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Regulatory and market drivers require CFO’s to reassess the structure of their financial organisations; and companies are hindered by complexity of their systems, spreadsheets, processes and controls and policies. They are often costly, complicated and inefficient. This can impact on accessing timely, accurate and easy to follow financial information for managing, reporting, forecasting and driving the business.
This opportunity will suit an analytical and risk-focused accounting or audit professional who has significant financial process and controls improvement experience; seeking to broaden their experience in a range of sectors.
You will help to lead a specialist team who work with major clients across most sectors locally, to evaluate their’ financial systems and processes and look for ways of improving them. You will also help clients to understand how their governance arrangements, processes and people help or hinder their business strategy. This will involve process mapping, risk and control mapping, and recommending process optimisations. You will seek to standardise and simplify processes and systems and consider automation of key controls.
For this role you will:
* Hold a professional accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA
* Experience working in a client-facing / consulting environment; or relevant financial process transformation experience in house.
* Broad experience of assessing and improving financial processes and controls; able to evaluate financial reporting processes and controls; whilst also understanding supporting operational processes
* SOX controls and compliance experience
* Experience of operational and enterprise risk frameworks, and governance
* Experience leading and mentoring others
* Strong knowledge of risk, and experience identifying and assessing financial risks
Expect an excellent career path with opportunities for regular career advancement, an inclusive and supportive culture that is people focused, and a stimulating environment where intellectual curiosity is nurtured