Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Our clients product is that the forefront of cleaner, cheaper energy and they have a new opening for a Principle Scientist to lead in the R&D of Electrochemical development. The position is based in Horsham and a permanent placement within the business.
The position will be to;
* Deliver technology improvements (electrochemistry, materials, testing) required to meet project objectives within agreed timescales.
* Complete background research and create strategies for development.
* Present technical progress and timing against delivery targets to the technical management and program management office.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
In addition to a high level of professionalism and experience of industry driven projects, working in a multidisciplinary team, the following are required:
* 5 years’ minimum work experience in a relevant field.
* PhD in Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field.
* Proven record in solid oxide electrolyser technology and/or related technology and product development.
* Demonstrable problem-solving skills.
* Some experience in understanding techno-economic analysis of new technology applications.
* Experience in the development of Solid Oxide Electrolyser Cell technology or related electrochemical applications.
* Scientific knowledge/understanding of some of the following: high temperature electrolysis (mechanisms, materials, measurement techniques, impedance, modelling).
* Experience with state-of-the-art electrochemical and materials characterisation techniques.
* Expertise in 6-sigma/DoE techniques.
Internal & External Relationships:
* Main technical discussion within the development team.
* Close collaboration with the advanced engineering, modelling, manufacturing engineering and manufacturing team throughout the development process.
* Regular progress reporting to the technical management team and program management office.
* Line management reporting to the Senior Principal Scientist or Director for product Development.
* Working with external experts to develop knowledge and capability in processes and characterisation methods.
If you are looking for your next opportunity and you would like to discuss this role further, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the position in more detail
£500 - £700 Daily
£26k - £35k Annual
£44k - £48k Annual